Free Word Software For Mac
A collection of essential free word processor software for writing and editing text documents in any format. You can use these free word processors as an alternative to Microsoft Word.
- Free Word Software For Mac Os X
- Best Free Word Processing Software For Mac
- Free Mac Word Program
- Free Mac Word Processing Software
- Free Word Software For Mac Os X
Before running out to buy Microsoft Word (or another industrial-strength and expensive) word processing program for your Mac, remember that Apple includes a respectable word processor with OS X. The program is TextEdit, and it call s the Applications folder home. SoftMaker FreeOffice is free to use at home and for business. After using it, you will agree that it is the best free alternative to Microsoft Office. FreeOffice is a complete Office suite with a word processor, a spreadsheet application and a presentation program – all compatible with.
Drop Word v.1.0 The first multilingual six language word puzzler in the world! Boast your skills in Polyglot Game or master foreign languages in Teacher mode. Your task is to collect the translation of the word on the field. Fun for every word-game fan!On Mac now! Word Icon Library v.3.8 Word Icon Library is a collection of wonderfully-crafted stock icons for use in commercial and personal. These software replace human effort and maximize productivity. In this article we shall learn about 10 free Document Management software for Window and Mac. And PDFelement Pro is the best PC document management software available to users to manage and organize PDF documents.
These free word processors below can create, edit, and print documents. You can open and edit Word documents, automatically check your spelling, use a wide selection of free MS Word templates, create tables and columns, and much more.
Let’s take a look at top Microsoft Word alternatives free word processors for windows and mac computers.
Best Free Word Processors for Mac, Windows, Linux
WPS Office Writer
This is the best alternative free word processor for windows 10 or other windows versions come with cloud storage and support for all text files. WPS Office Writer has pre-installed templates that give you everything you need for common document types, and you can easily create your own for bespoke tasks.
WPS Office Writer free word processor compatibles with all text file format out there including current versions of Microsoft Word dating back to Office 97. It has launched a free PDF to Word converter as well, which is a great companion for its word processor. DOWNLOAD
Kingsoft Free Writer for Windows
Kingsoft Writer is an easy to use free word processor with clean design, and uncluttered menu. This free word processor highly compatible with Microsoft Word doc and docx, with built-in free PDF converter, word count, spell check.
It introduced lots of useful functions including a built-in Word to PDF converter, automatic spell check, web layout view, etc. DOWNLOAD
LibreOffice is a free and open source office suite of apps for creating text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more, which you can then save in Microsoft Office formats.
With LibreOffice, you get nearly all the functionality of paid word processing and other programs without the hefty price tag. It supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. DOWNLOAD
OpenOffice Writer includes necessary features what list of good word processors have. It is simple enough for a quick memo, yet powerful enough to create complete books with contents, diagrams, indexes, etc.
Free Word Software For Mac Os X
OpenOffice Writer is a lightweight app that lets you view and edit Microsoft Word documents. DOWNLOAD
WordGraph has some unique tools that help you to produce PDF, create a table of contents and index, and access files stored on online storage services like OneDrive and Dropbox.
AbleWord opens documents quickly, has a really simple design, and supports editing and saving to popular file types.
AbiWord is a free word processor with automatic spell check, plugin support, and common formatting options.
Free word processor RoughDraft works with RTF and TXT files, provides automatic spell check, and allows shortcut keys from nearly every command.
WriteMonkey is a portable word processor that’s centred around providing an interface with the least number of distractions as possible so you can focus on writing and nothing else.
Jarte is a free word processor that has a tabbed interface to keep all open documents easily accessible on one screen.
FocusWriter has basic formatting like bold, strikethrough, and aligning text. You can also edit the foreground and background text, page margins, color, and line spacing to produce custom themes.
Judoom has a similar look and feel to Microsoft Word, and you can even use some of the same file types, like DOC and DOCX.
AEdit lets you password protect documents and provides a spell check function, though it doesn’t check for errors automatically. It works with files in Microsoft’s popular DOC format, but not their updated DOCX format.
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great Sunday. My Saturday wasn’t good and my Sunday isn’t any better, but that’s life sometimes right? I think I will be alright lol, anyway read on…
Today we are focusing on the best Microsoft Office replacements on Mac. Why? Well not everyone likes MS Office and it’s apps including Power Point, Excel or even Microsoft Word so for those people, and those who simply can’t afford Microsoft Office, we have decided to list some good alternatives for those of you running on OS X. I personally recommend you check out at least 3 choices before you make a decision, all of these apps are great or rather good enough.
Can I run Microsoft Office in OS X?
Yes, you can actually run Microsoft Office on a Mac! Not too long ago, Microsoft never bothered to translate their popular software for Apple’s Mac users mainly because Apple is still their #1 competition. But now since Apple pretty much dominates the phone market, MS had no choice but to start porting their software to work on Apple. MS office is already available for iOS and it is now available Mac OS X. But forget about all that, lets look at the Office 365 alternatives for Mac.
#1. Download Google Docs For OS X
Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides are productivity apps that let you create different kinds of online documents, work on them in real time with other people, and store them in your Google Drive online, all for free. You can access the documents, spreadsheets, and presentations you create from any computer, anywhere in the world. (There’s even some work you can do without an Internet connection!) This guide will give you a quick overview of the many things that you can do with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
What Is Google Docs?
Google Docs is an online word processor that lets you create and format text documents and collaborate with other people in real time. Here’s what you can do with Google Docs:
- Upload a Word document and convert it to a Google document
- Add flair and formatting to your documents by adjusting margins, spacing, fonts, and colors — all that fun stuff
- Invite other people to collaborate on a document with you, giving them edit, comment or view access
- Collaborate online in real time and chat with other collaborators — right from inside the document
- View your document’s revision history and roll back to any previous version
- Download a Google document to your desktop as a Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML or zip file
- Translate a document to a different language
- Email your documents to other people as attachments
This is my personal favorite Microsoft Office alternative because it literally has everything MS Office has and also it works perfectly fine online. What more can you ask for?
Google Docs Screenshot
#2. Download LibreOffice For OS X
Install LibreOffice For Mac
LibreOffice is a powerful office suite; its clean interface and powerful tools let you unleash your creativity and grow your productivity. LibreOffice embeds several applications that make it the most powerful Free & Open Source Office suite on the market: Writer, the word processor, Calc, the spreadsheet application, Impress, the presentation engine, Draw, our drawing and flow charting application, Base, our database and database front-end, and Math for editing mathematics.
LibreOffice is compatible with many document formats such as Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. But LibreOffice goes further by enabling you to use a modern open standard, the OpenDocument Format (ODF).
• Enterprise hardened through relentless independent testing
• Stable six-monthly release cycle of feature updates
• Backported key features from LibreOffice Vanilla
• Improved OOXML file support (.docx, .docm)
• Enterprise-wide: one Office suite common to your entire environment
• One app serving as a complete suite, does the work of six apps
• Includes advanced word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation software
• Reads and writes Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files (including OOXML)
#3. Download Apache OpenOffice For OS X
Apache OpenOffice is free to download, use, and distribute. Download it now, and get:
- Writer a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
- Math lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
Why Apache OpenOffice?
Apache OpenOffice is synonymous with quality:
- The roots of Apache OpenOffice go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
- Many millions of users
- Independent reviewers around the world have recommended the product
- With a fully open development process, Apache OpenOffice has nothing to hide – the product stands or falls on its reputation.
- The software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
- It’s easy to change to Apache OpenOffice – the software reads all major competitors’ files
- Few language barriers – if it’s not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
- Apache OpenOffice is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike
Apache OpenOffice Screenshot
#4. Download Keynote For OS X
Best Free Word Processing Software For Mac
Install Keynote App on Mac
Easily create gorgeous presentations with the all-new Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of 30 new and updated Apple-designed themes. Once you’ve chosen the perfect canvas for your presentation, simply replace the placeholder text and graphics with your own words and images. Easy-to-use tools let you add tables, charts, shapes, photos, and videos to slides—and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts.
Use iCloud to keep your presentations up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a presentation using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Keynote for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
With Keynote, you have all the tools you need to make an amazing presentation quickly and easily.
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Engage your audience with new interactive charts and chart animations
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
Keynote App Screenshot
#5. Download ThinkFree Office For OS X
Install ThinkFree Office for Mac
ThinkFree Office is the most accurate MS Office-compatible productivity suite on the market today. Use ThinkFree Office to create word processing documents, spreadsheets, and graphic presentations, or open and edit Word, Excel, and Powerpoint documents in ThinkFree Office. You will be amazed by our faithful recreation of the Office user interface — new users are immediately productive.
- ThinkFree Write: is a powerful word processing application that has all the features you expect with the same look-and-feel you already know. Create rich, professional-quality documents and web pages. Write’s seamless compatibility lets you to share documents and collaborate with MS Word users.
- ThinkFree Calc: lets you create spreadsheets just as you do with MS Excel™, or open and edit existing Excel files. Calc has every feature Office users expect and allows you to tackle the most complex analytical tasks
- With ThinkFree Show: you produce the same high-impact presentations as Powerpoint. Use existing .ppt files, templates, and animations, or create compatible presentations from scratch.
Free Mac Word Program
ThinkFree Office Screenshot
Free Mac Word Processing Software
Remember to like our facebook and our twitter @macheatdotcom.
Free Word Software For Mac Os X
Other macOS alternative software: Best Photoshop Alternatives on Mac, Best BitTorrent Apps on Mac & Best Mobile Device Management Apps